Illinois House Resolution would Expand Illinois Tollway to Include I-80 from 47 in Morris to I-294

Representative Larry Walsh, Jr. has introduced a Joint House Resolution that would expand the Illinois Tollway System to include I-80 from Route 47 in Morris to I-294.

Full text of the Illinois Joint House Resolution: "Authorizes the Illinois State Highway Authority to expand the Illinois toll highway system to include Interstate I-80 between I-294 at milepost 112 and Illinois Route 47 in Morris at milepost 154. The project will be completed in a manner that supports diversity involvement in the project work and economic development in the region."

I-80 through Will County handles traffic from the largest inland port in North America, the CenterPoint BNSF and Union Pacific intermodals, where shipping containers are transferred between trains and semi trucks.  Warehouses and Distribution Centers for companies like Wal-Mart, Amazon, IKEA, Home Depot, and more have built in Will County in the last two decades and have added to semi truck traffic in the area. 

The condition of I-80 through Joliet and the bridge carrying I-80 over the Des Plaines River has received increased media attention since an Illinois Department of Transportation Report described aspects of the bridge's condition as "Intolerable": 


Popular posts from this blog

Will County Emergency Management Agency Coordinating Migrant Bus Arrivals in Will County Suburbs

Local VFW Post Joins Work to Keep Gemini Giant in Wilmington